Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Angel Chicken

It seems like my posts come in spurts....I guess primarily because they do.  This week has been a great week--busy, but we have had beautiful weather here in Texas and it has been a great time to be on the tennis court.  With so much time on the court I am always looking for ways to cook dinner in a shortened time or in my crock pot.  So I wanted to share one of my all time favorite recipes called Angel Chicken.  My family loves this--it is easy and sooo good.   Here it is:

This creamy chicken is great served over angel hair pasta and heavenly served over fettuccine or rice.

6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves ( about 1 1/2 lbs.)
1/4 C. butter
1 7 ounce pkg. Italian salad dressing mix
1 10 3/4 ounce can condensed golden mushroom soup
1/2 C. dry white wine
1/2 of an 8 ounce tub cream cheese with chives and onion

Place chicken in a crock pot.  In a medium saucepan, melt the butter.  Stir in the dry Italian salad dressing mix.  Stir in mushroom soup, white wine, and cream cheese until combined.  Pour over the chicken.  Cover and cook on low heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.  Serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment